The Institute of Political, Historical and International Studies offers a
Fully funded PhD position in political science
|Entrée en fonction:||01.02.2017|
|Durée du contrat:||31.01.2018 1 year, renewable one time for two years (3 years maximum).|
|Lieu de travail:||University of Lausanne (Géopolis), Switzerland|
|Offre parue en:||Français, English|
Description des tâches
Complete a Doctorate in political science in the field of international relations:
- The position is related to the project 'Transnational Private Regulation, Production Regimes and Power Resources', directed by Prof. J.C. Graz and funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF) (see: goo.gl/wWqro9).
- Field research in either Brazil or East Africa.
- Cooperation with the project's partners taking part to field data collection.
- Teamwork in a dynamic, interdisciplinary, and international research environment.
- Take part to a doctoral program, schools in methods and international conferences.
- Master degree in political science, international relations, or equivalent.
- Excellent command of English; working knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage (for non French-speaking candidates, working knowledge of French).
- Familiarity with the fields of international political economy, labour standards and industrial relations.
- Very good command of quantitative and qualitative methods and data analysis.
- Willingness of engaging in the writing of a Doctoral Thesis in political science.
Dossier de candidature
- Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit via email: 1) a letter of application; 2) a detailed CV and list of publications, with the names of two references; 3) copies of academic diplomas and transcript of all university grades; 4) a specimen of written work.
- Only applications submitted in a PDF format with the subject line
- For more information, please contact Prof. Jean-Christophe Graz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Seeking to promote an equitable representation of men and women among its staff, the University encourages applications from women.
Délai de candidature
Candidatures jusqu'au: 30.09.2016